Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Welcome to Disney Travel Dude


The title pretty much sums up what this blog will be about…traveling and Disney World and mostly traveling to Disney World.  As a veteran of Disney travel, I decided to write about my experiences at Disney and traveling in general with the hopes of maybe informing, helping or possibly even entertaining a few readers.

First, let me share a little bit about my travel experience to Disney World.  Like many, my first visit to Disney World came on a family trip, mine would be in 1983.  We were fortunate enough to travel to Disney again as a family two years later.  My next visit would not be until 2001 when I decided to take my then five year old son for what I thought would be a one-time visit. 

Ten years later, I know count over twenty visits to “the world”, staying at several of the resorts (both on and off site) and eaten at many of the Disney restaurants (might be my favorite activity).  I met my wife at Disney, got engaged in front of Cinderella’s Castle just before wishes and honeymooned at Disney World.  My wife and I are Disney Vacation Club owners and annual pass holders since 2006.  I guess you can say the Disney bug bit me in 2001 and I have had the infection ever since. 

I have experience traveling with young children (my youngest son John made his first visit last summer at 6 months old), teenagers, family gatherings, grown up trips, romantic trips and even solo trips.  Having visited Disney world in every season, I have been fortunate enough to experience many of the festivals and special events and have a good feel of when to go and when not to head to the parks.

Common Sense and Disney World travel don’t often collide in the same sentence.  However, I think if you apply some to a Disney Vacation you will find it to be much more enjoyable and much more affordable than you first believed.  Hopefully, as I add posts to this blog, this common sense approach to travel will demonstrate this.

I enjoy to write and wanted to write on a topic I have both knowledge about and a passion for.  More than that, I enjoy helping people.  As more and more friends have turned to me for advice on planning a trip to Disney, I thought blogging some information now and then might help more people.  If anyone reading has any specific questions, I am always glad to try and answer, just contact me.

Sharing some experience, knowledge and hopefully helping out along the way.  That is what I hope to accomplish here.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment